Tuesday, April 29, 2008
Christians and global warming
Just wondering what you all as Christians think about this whole global warming fiasco...should we not be concerned since eventually we won't be here? Or should we strive to take care of the earth we live on, since God entrusted it to us? I would like to hear your thoughts!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
hmmm, good topic. I usually avoid it altogether. I think that we are to be good stewards but I'm always comforted by the fact that this isn't our home. I know I'm not answering anything....I'd say I'm more on the side of what's going to happen is going to happen and this isn't eternal.
I think God wants us to take care of what He has given us this far. Just like He wants us to take good care of our bodies because we have to use them for now, we have to live on the Earth for now, so why not take good care of it? I don't know about the whole global warming thing, some say it is a farse. But I do think it's important to respect the environment as much as we possiblly can.
I think it's important to be responsible and good stewards of what we're entrusted with. Global warming specifically though? I don't know...there are so many things pointing in all different directions about that. I do know that when we see all these new weather patterns popping up and natural disasters, we should know that the end is coming, according to Scripture. God is still in control of the universe, and that includes our physical earth. And I can do my part and be responsible with what God has given me, while trusting that God will provide for my needs and for my kids (someday). Just a random mix of thoughts.
That apparently for me is a very loaded question, because I just rambled on and on and left a ridiculously long comment. I deleted it, we'll talk sometime about it, shall we?
Post a Comment