Friday, February 8, 2008

It's been a looooong time!

Wow...has it really been almost a year since I blogged on here? Man! I guess I've been a bit busy! Things certainly have been exciting here in the last almost-year. Exciting and tough.

In June we found out we were pregnant but then found out on August 24th that we miscarried. It was very tough and we cried a lot, but God had put some amazing new friends in my life, one of whom had had 2 miscarriages herself, and talking to her and venting helped a lot. And while we will always be sad that we never got to meet the little baby, we know we'll see them sometime in Heaven.

And in more uplifting news, we found out on November 3rd that we are pregnant again and due on July 14th (although, I'll be having a c-section so it will be earlier than that). We find out on the 19th what we're having...I know I shouldn't hope one way or the other, and I'll honestly be fine either way, but I kinda want a little girl...I think. :) Mainly because I have the perfect name picked out: Hadley Rose. Hadley actually means "field of heather"...so I HAVE to use it! And Rose is my middle name, so we'll have the same initials, which is kinda fun. If we have a boy...well...that's still a little up in the air. Carson and Hudson are the front-runners, but nothing's solid. Oh...it's just so fun to plan!

Let's see...what else is going on in our lives? J.J. started Mother's Day Out in September and he absolutely LOVES it! He's talking a ton now and he even knows some words in Spanish (one of his teachers is Hispanic). The other day we were trying to teach him to pray, so we were having him repeat the little prayer we were saying, a really simple little one..."Thank you, Jesus, for our food. Amen." Well, he was doing okay, until he got to "for"...he kept saying "cinco"....because he was thinking "four" and cinco naturally follows four! It was SO cute!!!

Speaking of our little man, he's 2 now! He turned two on Jan. 25...SNIFF! How do they get so big so fast!?!?!? And I do mean big! He's almost 3 feet tall (35 1/2 in.) and he weighs 31 lb! He's in the 75-90 percentile in his height AND his weight! Hard to believe a year ago he was in the 15th percentile for both! I don't know how much longer I'll actually be able to pick him up without possibly sending myself into labor! :)

Well, I'm getting tired just typing this, and I'm getting frustrated with our new DVR (we just switched from Cox cable to AT&T U-Verse and so far, we're not that happy...the DVR is giving us fits!), so I better go. Hopefully it won't be so long in between updates (and if I figure out what's up with our external hard-drive, I'll add some pictures).

3 comments:

Unknown said...

funny, because cinco means five. Now, if he were saying "quatro" I'd really be tracking with him!!! :)
Glad to see you on here in the world of bloggin!!!

The Kenley Family said...

Hey Heather...

It's good to hear from you. I get "updates" some through Amanda. :) Congrats on your pregnancy...I know how difficult m/c's can be. We lost two babies before Samuel.
Keep in touch!
Jenny

Jen said...

You have a blog??? Ok, I might have to create one now. I haven't because I didn't think I had enough friends, but now I think I should do it.

P.S. Did you know I still use the toaster you gave me when you got married? I think of you every morning I use it!!!

A Little Mood Music