Monday, February 22, 2010
A girl's love of curling explained
Ahhh...curling. The beloved sport of the north, where two teams face off with their stones and brooms in the ready. Why do I love it so? Is it the thrill of watching a team come from behind and get a double to leave only their stones in the house? Is it seeing a stone land smack dab in the middle of the button? Maybe it's the northern accents...I gotta say that does weigh in alot!
But the real reason I love curling so much is because it reminds me of this:
During the 2006 Torino Olympics, J.J. was not even a month old. Late night feedings consisted of him and me learning the joys of curling, because that was all that was on at 3 a.m. when the games were on the other side of the globe.
So mock, if you must, my love for all things curling, but just know that it holds a place near and dear to my heart.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
love this a lot.
Post a Comment