Recently I've had the honor of sharing some of my time with a very special person. This person comes over, plays with my children, plays Spades, eats Double Stuff Oreos with me, and teaches an old(er) dog new tricks. I love having fun with her...quoting "French Kiss" and various other Meg Ryan movies. We often even play "Guess the Movie Quote" over Google Chat while she is at work (Shhhhh! Don't tell her boss!). Our latest adventure? Teaching Heather how to crochet! I think I come by it rather naturally (my mom did used to have her own craft business and the fine art of the one-needle was one of her specialties). I was told that I caught on rather quickly...which of course made me beam (but probably because I have to be good at everything I do or I won't do it...just ask Julie North about my attempt at Pilates!).
So, to you, my new and dear friend Lauren, I say thanks! Thanks for being my movie-quoting, Oreo-eating, crafting, sarcasm-spouting, Olive Garden-appreciating, (occasional) baby-sitting, Judy Garland-loving (ha!) kindred spirit! My life has been enriched!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
:( I've been replaced!
But, I must say, she sounds great!!! ;)
Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww. You just made my crazy-busy-shoulda-worked-harder day sooooooo much better. Thanks, Heather Feather. You rock my freakin' socks off, and you're one H-E-doublehockeysticks of a crocheter. :D
Post a Comment